Learners will be able…
… to look at the meaning of peace from different perspectives.
… to develop their own definition of peace.
… to build awareness about the importance of peace.
- 25-30 minutes
- 2-25 people (no limit)
- Pictures of peace signs, symbols and gestures around the world
- A blank piece of paper and pencils
- Use the calendar with the current quote as focus point.
- What is peace? Ask your learners to think about the meaning of peace and collect their own definitions.
- Now tell them the official definition of peace.
- After that show the a few pictures of different peace signs and gestures from around the world and discuss them with them.
- In the next step, hand the learners a piece of paper and a few pencils and let them design their own peace sign.
- In the last step, let the learners show the rest of the group their creations and ask them to explain their design.