DOING MY LITTLE BIT
Learners will be able…
… to understand more about the UN’s sustainable development goals and small changes they can make personally to help achieve them and improve the prospects of the planet.
- 40 minutes
- Tutor with at least 8 learners
- Pencils, colouring pens, paper and computer/internet access
- Firstly, the tutor will briefly explain what the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals are and very briefly outline/list each one.
- Learners will work in pairs or small group and pick one SDG to profile. They should pick an SDG that they identify with as a group, but the tutor should also ensure the same SDG is not picked by more than one group. If preferred, the tutor could decide which group will profile which SDG or use a random system.
- Once each group has chosen/been allocated an SDG, they will need to spend 10-15 minutes researching that SDG and thinking about which practical steps they can take personally to help enact it.
- Learners will then need to create a poster based on their chosen/allocated SDG with their suggested steps for how classmates can do their bit to help the planet.
- Once posters are finished, each small group will in turn report back to the whole class what they have found out and the key messages outlined by their poster.