Learners will be able…
…to understanding of how gender inequality has become the norm over time and will be able to self-reflect on their own subconscious gender stereotypes.
- 30 minutes
- Tutor with at least 6 learners
- Pencils, colouring pens
- The tutor will briefly introduce the topic of gender inequality and stereotypes.
- Learners will work individually and draw a picture of an anti-stereotype, that is to stay of a woman doing an action or activity that would traditionally be associated with a man or vice-versa e.g. a female body builder or a male nurse.
- After 15 minutes, each learner will present their drawing back to the whole group, explaining what they have drawn and allowing for all to reflect and discuss.
- Finally, the tutor will wrap up the activity by asking learners to discuss what they found whilst carrying out the activity, trying to steer the conversation towards the subconscious gender stereotypes that are naturally made and how we can avoid gender bias.